It wasn’t writer’s block. It’s not that I don’t have enough time. I have no explanation for why I’ve not posted in FOR.EH.VER. Maybe because having a Facebook account is a lot like blogging anyway. I don’t know. I’m gonna switch it up.
I have a smartphone now (drrrooiiiid), and I can upload video direct to YouTube. Plus, I’ve started contributing to my friend’s YouTube channel, FrenchTele. I’ll start featuring that stuff here.
What I’ve been up to:
- A pretty intense relationship that lasted for seven months. That’s huge for me – I don’t do the boyfriend/dating thing. And I’ve never stayed with anyone for longer than 3 months. Yaaayyyy, new record!
- A two-month artist’s residency in the countryside of France (see below). I ate SO MUCH DESSERT, I’m only just now losing weight! And I’ll never eat another croissant again unless it’s there.
- Applications: for the RedCat NOW Festival for performance art and for the CCF Fellowship. I think I have a better chance with the festival than with the fellowship. If I get both, I’ll freak.
- Parties! Although it’s hard for me now since my boyfriend broke up with me. I have a policy of not going out alone: weird and potentially dangerous stuff ALWAYS happens. Without fail. And it was so great that I was with someone who shared the same tastes as me. This isn’t true of most of my friends…
- Teaching a high school art class from 11/08 until 6/09. Ay ay ay… A full post later on that, but let me just say this: I was a total fish out of water. I tried, though. I developed an Urban Art curriculum and taught it the best way I could. My brief experience as a teacher could spawn volumes of written material.
- More performance art for Brody Condon. This one was called ‘Without Sun’. It was a really challenging experience. Allowing myself to be directed by others has given me a lot of inspiration for directing my own pieces, and I hope I get the chance to realize my project with RedCat.
- I started a subscription to a farm co-op service. It’s called Abundant Harvest Organics, and every week you get a box of pre-selected fruits and vegetables in season. I just got through eating my first dinner – mashed potatoes, artichoke and pea tendril salad, and collard greens.
- I finally finished my artist site after months. Click here. Constructive criticism welcome. There’ll be a few more changes, and I’ll get my own domain name once I finally get my car fixed…
There will also be a few slight changes to this blog. Okay? I know no one reads this, but whatever, maybe a few people will. I’m just sayin’, I’ll be here.