1.6.11

Gonna Make My Mommy Proud *UPDATED*

I got a phone call Monday – I was booked for a music video shooting on Thursday.  Apparently it’s for a Mr. Wiz Khalifa and someone else.  I don’t know who that is, as I’ve no television and I haven’t listened to popular radio music in three years.  I’ve seen his “name” pop up every once in a while in my Facebook feed, and after a quick Google trip, it seems he’s quite popular.  I have no personal opinions about him or his music though.  Got waxed today just in case… ya know…

Here’s hoping I don’t have to compromise my dignity tomorrow afternoon.  Not sure if I’m going to be featured or just shaking it in the background next to a pool while other rappers point at me and nod with that knowing nod that’s like, “Yeah… you know how it is… bitches be dancin’ next to the pool in heels for no damn reason whenever I come around…”

I have to go shave now.  Full report to follow on Friday, stay tuned…

------------------Update-------------------

OK OK, it’s three days later, so sue me. 

Long story short, I didn’t have to wear lingerie and grind against anyone with money being thrown at me.  It was actually probably the best work day I ever had, for several reasons :secret smile:.

It was actually a music video for a British rapper called Tinie Tempah from London, featuring Wiz Khalifa.  Mr. Tempah is quite a nice young man, and his friends too!  The song is called “Till I’m Gone”.  It was shot in Elysian Park and Watts by the same director who did the Smirnoff commercial I was in back in August – we have mutual friends, and he likes to use people he knows in his projects.  The weather was beautiful, the look was “muted hip-hop 90’s” (a term I coined), and the vibe was pretty cool.  I wore my fro and some shades.  I stopped listening to the radio a few years back, so I had never heard the song before, but by the end of the day it had grown on me – it’s quite nice, actually.  Whenever I find video for it, I’ll post it here.  And I hope I won’t have any reason to blush…

2 comments: