14.2.08

Performance Modification

That was probably the most intense thing I've ever done. Slide show here.

I and eight others performed a re-telling (of sorts) of Bruce Nauman's 1973 work "Tony Sinking Into the Floor, Face Up and Face Down". The modifications:

1. For over two hours, we had to continuously perform death poses.
2. That continuous movement had to be sssslllllloooooooooowwwwwww.
3. And we had to imagine ourselves sinking into the floor.

The concentration. The itches. I was super zoned out, but at one point I locked eyes with a friend of mine who came to see, and nearly burst out laughing because of the look on her face. I also nearly crushed every bone in my left arm trying to turn over in slow-motion with rubber samurai armor on my body.

It was grrrreat!

No comments:

Post a Comment